June 18, 2008

The Horrible Cliche

(just jared)

I cringed when I saw the new shoot for Vogue with Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman on the set of Australia. It's so predictable and looks more safari than Australian. I guess they wanted to keep it in line with the period feel of the film, but I wish magazines would do more inventive shoots if they wanted things Aussie. At least the shoot is called 'Days of Heaven' and not 'The Great Outback' or something worse.

This is what I want to see more of. These pics aren't all taken in Australia/Australian themed, some were taken in Capri and at Gladstonbury and Jason Wu is there(!), but they have that laidback, endless summer, beach and sand feel. The best magazine for eds like that is RUSSH, but I think it's pretty hard to find if you don't live in Australia.

2 or 3 years on, I still love those Chloe wedges




Zippora! I used to horse ride, but in extremely unfashionable outfits that must not be mentioned on a fashion blog

Jason Wu and Sasha from the lastest W editorial. I don't know about other countries, but sitting on your deck in white chairs is sooooo Australian

tfs, not sure which magazine this came from though. The sad thing is it's winter here and I don't even live on the coast.


I had a paddling pool just like this when I was little (this was in an ed short during the Gladstonbury festival with Gemma)

On a side note, my uncle's brother is this published writer and rewrote the Australia screenplay and he and Baz Lurhmann are friends now and Baz has stayed at his beachouse! Yes it's very sad, I've never met anyone famous so things like this excite me.


1 comment:

Miss at la Playa said...

wow, Baz! His films are genius.

You are totally right about the cliches, I hate when they portray spain using "toreros"