June 30, 2008

Foux Du Fa Fa


Since you can't really love fashion without loving the French, I had to share this hilarious Flight of the Conchords song. Unfortunately I only started watching their tv show yesterday (they're a band and do a show). Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement describle themselves as "Formerly New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo". It reminded me of how Aggyness once described herself "a hip hop granny who can hip hop, be-bop, dance till ya drop, and make a yoyo wicka cuppa cocoa" (does that not seem like a more fitting description of Mrs Doubtfire though?!).

Their song 'Foux Du Fa Fa' in the style of a 60s Scopitone music video. Hilariously cliched French nostalgia. If you have a decent internet connection and 2:46 minutes to spare, please watch it!



Being rather obviously indie, they also wear great clothes such as skinny jeans, fitted leather jackets and vintagey/tacky black tracksuit jumpers with eagles on them which you can see here around 8:00 In another song, Bret calls it his 'favourite jersey'. love. I also love Bret too.


Flight of the Conchords, Episode 8 'Girlfriend'


Bret: Do you think I dress too provocatively?

Random Plumber Guy: If I may be so bold, I think you're showing a little too much arm... you look a little cheap.

Bret then proceeds to put on his favourite black eagle jumper

1 comment:

Luna said...

oh my god, I LOVE flight of the conchords! they saved my boring life. haha